Selling a real estate property in France may require the designation of real estate fiscal representative, though there are some cases of dispense.
There exist and automatic exemption for the designation of the real estate representative in those three cases:
- When assignor is domiciled, established or constituted in a European Union member state, or in any other state that is a contracting party to the Agreement of European Economic Area, and with which France has signed certain conventions covering administrative assistance (such as Island and Norway)
- For transfers that have a price lower or equal to €150 000. This threshold is calculated in accordance with the assignor.
- For transfers that are exempt of added value with regard to income taxation and social charges that depends on the holding duration of the property (22 years for income taxation and 30 years for social charges)
You will have to appoint a fiscal representative if you are not in one these three conditions. Note that this appointment remains mandatory even when your property loses in value.
Here are the different cases where this appointment is a legal requirement
|If the Assignor is a non-French resident private individual||
The appointment of a fiscal representative is mandatory when:
|If the assignor is a company or a moral person registered out of France||
The appointment of a fiscal representative is mandatory in any case:
|If the assignor is a company of persons registered in France and is not subject to company taxation||
What is the role of a real estate fiscal representative?
The real estate fiscal representative calculates the gain or the loss in value related to the sale of your property and is in charge of all the fiscal procedures, by making and signing the forms required by the fiscal administration.
He is responsible for the calculation of the change in value of your property and is committed to pay your taxes as well as any potential complementary penalty if the fiscal administration questions the declaration.
As a result, you have nothing to worry on that score: Once your fiscal representative designated you have nothing to worry from the tax administration
What is the fiscal charge on the change in value of my property?
- An income tax of 19%,
- Social charges (CSG, CRDS, and additional taxes) which rate depends on your country of origin: 7,5% for the resident’s member of the Agreement of European Economic Area and Switzerland, 17.2% for any other case.
- A 3% tax on the current value of the building for some moral persons.
- In some cases, there is tax on land that have become building spots.
French Tax Online, via its subsidiary FTO Tax representative, assists in the sale of your property and takes entirely care of all fiscal aspects directly with your notary.
All you have to do is to upload the necessary documents on your personal space and we take over the rest of process. If you have any inquiry with respect to that, do not hesitate to ask!
Need help ?
Do you still have question about real estate fiscal representative ? Need one ?
Please do not hesitate to contact us.